VMware Server is now available, bringing an entry level server virtualization platform to anyone interested for a very affordable cost – FREE!
Some of the capabilities:
- Support for any standard x86 hardware
- Support for a wide variety of Linux and Windows host operating systems, including 64-bit operating systems
- Support for a wide variety of Linux, NetWare, Solaris x86 and Windows guest operating systems, including 64-bit operating systems
- Support for Virtual SMP, enabling a single virtual machine to span multiple physical processors
- Quick and easy, wizard-driven installation similar to any desktop software
- Quick and easy virtual machine creation with a virtual machine wizard
- Virtual machine monitoring and management with an intuitive, user friendly remote console
- VMware Server is the first commercially available server virtualization product with support for 64-bit virtual machines and Intel Virtualization Technology, a set of Intel hardware platform enhancements specifically designed to enhance virtualization solutions.