Giddy that my wife has joined my social media group of friends on Twitter.
Since Twitter is the current social media darling, I thought Iâ€™d record a few thoughts Iâ€™ve had about one of my favorite online tools. Iâ€™ve had the privilege of using Twitter for two years, and each and every person Iâ€™ve followed or had follow me along the way has taught me something new. So here we go.
- a place for friends
- a news outlet
- a place to share your greatest failures & your most stunning achievements
- an attention getter
- a publishing platform
- a customer service tool
- a researcherâ€™s dream
- the ace up your sleeve
- a new entertainment channel
- a social network
- a micro-blogging platform
- a marketing tool
- your community
- 24x7x365 (always on)
- a level playing field for your ideas
- a sounding board for your thoughts
- a comment reel for your new book
- your starting place for your online excursions
- the place for your organization to learn about itâ€™s customers
- a multicasting instant messenger
- a game changer
- a PR tool
- a messaging infrastructure
- a simple way to share & trade information
- can be inane
- is faster to publish to than anything else
- is where you go to learn
- your online â€œwater coolerâ€
- a conduit into the lives of others
- a conduit into the idea stream of smart people
Iâ€™ve got a lot more input on what Twitter is than I could fit in this post, so Iâ€™ll work on fitting that into another format of some type. What is Twitter to you? I mean, what has Twitter brought to your life that you canâ€™t believe you lived without before you discovered it?
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/rickmahn
Being among friends, meeting for breakfast, talking about changing the world.
New discussions on familiar topics with old friends.
A hot cup of coffee, a social media friend, conversation and new ideas.