I’d like to announce the inaugural Social Media Breakfast for Minneapolis & St. Paul!
Originally founded by Bryan Person the Social Media Breakfast is a way for social media experts and newbies alike to come together to eat, meet, share, and learn. Whether your a marketer, blogger, podcaster, IT geek, vlogger, entrepreneur, PR pro, or online social networker – everyone is welcome to attend!
It’s a way for us to connect offline and get to know each other in a real-world casual setting over breakfast and coffee in downtown Minneapolis. When I first read about the “SMB”, as it’s becoming known, I quickly wondered how we could make this happen here in Minneapolis. So after thinking too much on the “should I or shouldn’t I” aspect, I’ve got one set up – we’ll see how it goes! 🙂
Below is a tentative list of topics, just so we’ve got a bit of an agenda to work with – don’t hesitate to suggest new ideas!
- New to social media?
- Twitter, the virtual village.
- Tools – what is most useful/rewarding to you?
- Directions in social media, connecting people.
- Your ideas here!
- Next SMB! What can we do better?
With that said, we don’t have to adhere to anything specific. It’s a dynamic world and our conversations should be as well. Since this is the first (of many I hope) SMB, I’m learning a few things here. I initially am figuring for about a dozen or so people, but we can grow that a bit if interest grows.
Here are the details for our first Social Media Breakfast in the Twin Cities:
- Date: Wednesday, February 13th, 2007
- Time: 8:00am to 10:00am
- Place: Keys Cafe Minneapolis – Located in the Foshay Tower
- Address: 114 South 9th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402 (Directions/Map)
- Cost: Buy your own breakfast, and enjoy free WiFi! 😉
- RSVP at our Upcoming page: Social Media Breakfast – Twin Cities!
We’ll see you there!