Time for another phone rebuild. I’ve got so much junk on it that it’s got a sync problem. Definitely on the device, not an ActiveSync issue.
I’ll be moving from the Qtek 2.17 ROM to the latest T-Mobile USA ROM. There are many new features in this ROM, even though it has its own flaws.
Again, I’ll be streamlining my software stack on the MDA – trying to thin out the items that I don’t use that often. It also includes changing where I install some app’s, and what sequence they are installed.
Since there are things about Windows Mobile that bother me, here is a short “wish list” of things I wish were built into the OS today.
- HTML capable email client, for POP3 and Exchange push mail
- A close button that actually closes the application instead of minimizing it
- A more robust and easier-to-access task manager
- Ability to change the “From” address when responding to an email. I’d like to use my GMail account to reply to an email that I received from my Exchange push-mail account.
- Phone Ring Profiles – the ability to change from a “Normal” to a “Meeting” to an “Outdoor” profile quickly