Well, It’s time I talked about what I think is going to be growing trends in 2008. I’ve been amazed at the trends in 2007, with the rise of micro-blogging, Facebook, and other social-networking and social-media tools. Seeing the interest, functionality and participation in these tools, to me, fosters ideas of how they can be leveraged in the enterprise. It’s been a great ride, and I believe a lot of this will continue into 2008.
So here is what I think will be some of the trends and events in 2008.
- Social Network tools & platforms make inroads into the enterprise.
- Public micro-blogging tools continue their growth.
- The original “New Media” disrupter, the blog, re-emerges as the focal point of many individual and businesses.
- Personal Branding gains more mainstream understanding and acceptance
- Video becomes more prevalent as a social media tool for posting, sharing, micro-blogging, and more
- More, simple, social media tools (SocNets) become available for business or professional networking
- Microsoft and Apple continue to look more alike in their successes and failures.
- The use of “bite size” media becomes an easy to use building block for the average person
Well, that’s it for now – not a big list, and probably not many revelations there. It’s probably more indicative of what I’m looking for and focusing on for the next few months anyway. Cheers!